cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox set up taking up to 48Hrs - Why?

chrisR

What is it taking up to 48 hours to create a single mailbox on line? Cannot create another one while the first one is being created! Seems a long way round having to adapt to the new Office 365 system. Is there a quicker way to set up mailboxes?

2 REPLIES 2

adrianc
Master User

Hi Chris,

If it says 'In process...' then this is a bug on the system. You'll probably need to contact support to get them to kick the server. Sometimes it will fix itself, but more often than not it will just stick there like it has for you.

You can save time on the phone by using the Live Chat service.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

johnno

I requested a new email address on 16th Jan - still shows "In Process".  I've tried support chat - can't help. I've tried phoning support who say the "back office " are dealing with it and it will take 48 hrs.

They promise to call back - never do.

Demanded to speak to a manager - Kyle Martin couldn't help. Said he would get his manager to call back - she did and told me the "back office " are dealing with it but it will take 48hrs!!!

She did say she would ring me regularly to update me. She didn't!

we now get a daily text message saying that someone will call me - nobody does

The ONLY conclusion can be is that the "back office" are so busy trying to fix all the 365 upgrade problems. BT just can't cope with it but don't dare say so.