cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft outlook 2003 not working

zbigniew

Hello myself zacharias, I dont know if its the right forum to ask this question but i need some help on outlook 2003 which i am using. My system is 3 years old which has outlook configured with my yahoomail account. I get many mails on it. But all of a sudden outlook stopped working since yesterday. it gave Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116 when i click to open outlook. Can someone help me out with this problem.

9 REPLIES 9

justinmall77

Hello Zacharias,

As you have mentioned that you are using Outlook 2003 from many days and you are Outlook is displaying 0x80040116 error then its confirmed that Outlook PST file has got corrupted. PST file is the main part of Outlook which holds all emails and other components of Outlook.  PST file gets corrupted when it exceeds 2 GB or it might have got corrupted due to other reasons like virus attack or improper termination.

In such cases it is advised you to use Scanpst.exe (Inbox repair tool) its a free tool provided by Microsoft. In any case if this tools fails to repair outlook 2003 pst the it is advised to go for third party tools. Google it and find some good third party tool. Download it and repair your corrupted Outlook PST file.

Jhon_Steve

Hi,

You can use Outlook recovery tools to repair your PST file. Below is a list of them:

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/compare.htm

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve

nayan007
Super User

Run the Inbox Repair Tool

1.Open Scanpst.exe by searching it from Search option in the Start menu.

2.Browse and open the .pst from the folder that contains the new .pst file that you created by using the "2 GB Truncation" tool.

3.Click Start and then Repair button to repair the errors in the file.

4.Once the "Repair complete" message appears, click OK and then restart the computer.

Open the Repaired File in Outlook

1.Start Outlook.

2.On the File -> Open-> Personal Folders File (.pst)

3.Open the folder that contains the new .pst file that you created and repaired.

4.Click the new .pst file, and then click OK.

5.Copy the data from each folder in Recovered Personal Folders to the "Outlook Today - (Personal Folders)" folders.

annice

Your Outlook PST file is corrupted and that's why you are getting Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116 error when try to open pst file. You can use scanpst.exe tool repair damaged pst file. If you are able to locate scanpst.exe tool on your computer, then you can download scanpst.exe tool online. But in case of oversized PST file, this tool fails, so for that, you must take help of third party Outlook PST repair tool.

ronbrown8833

It was very critical situation for me when I was suffering with Outlook file corruption issue. My essential PST files get corrupted due to any uncertain reason. It becomes very serious problem for me to get back the lost content, then I found Repair Outlook 2003 tools for recovering my damaged PST files. It effectively recovers the corrupted files.

Repair Outlook 2003

BobMaria

This error can open when pst file header is corrupted. You can refer to following microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329910. If you are tech savy enough to sort out the steps written there you can make ur outlook run yourself otherwise there is a tool called kernel for pst you can download the tool from http://www.restorepst.com/ to your system and scan your pst file. The pst file is located at

[Drive]:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

bipsa

PST File corruption is one of the dreadful situation in front of Outlook users, specially if you have thousands of personal & important business related data & information stored within the files.  in that cases you need to opt for effective means to repair Outlook 2003 and the one we are talking about here is that of Outlook 2003 repair software. So, get your files repaired & restored efficiently now. 

fairy

If your microsoft outlook 2003 is not responding then your outlook applicatio n has cget damaged. To resolve these issues you will have to use Outlook  reapir tool when your inbuilt scanpst.exe stops working.

To know more:  http://microsoftoutlookrepair.biz

milanfatima

Some of the common reasons of Microsoft outlook 2003 not working are:

1. Outlook PST file corruption
2. PST file header corruption
3. Accidental closing of Outlook application.
4. Virus infection with PST files.
5. File system error
6. Oversized PST file
7. Accidental deletion of PST files

If you want to resolve these causes of Outlook then you would have to use effective pst repair tool. Powerful scanning algorithm of software recovers deleted emails, contacts and other important files. Easy steps of this tool can easily fix outlook 2003 not working issue.