cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving domain to BT, then redirecting A record - effect on Email ?

atl

We want to move our domain to BT. At present our domain is held by someone else, and we get smtp email delivered directly. When we move the domain to Bt I have been told we need to modify the A record to point to our website on our web-designer's server. Will this mean they wil automatically get the email directed tto them, or do we pick it up via pop3 from BT ?

Obviously we can't afford any downtime, and I seem unable to get a phone number for anyone to talk to.

Also, having been messed about by the clown we are currently with, he gave us the transfer code 3 weeks ago. Is it still valid, or would it have expired ?

Thankyou.

Andrew

1 REPLY 1

Tracey
Guru

Hi Atl,

There are few factors that vary on the type of domain that you have, ie a .co.uk or a .com domain.

Can you please supply me with your domain name to assist you further?

The transfer code is dependant on the domain registrar however they normally only last between 1 -2 weeks.

To discuss any domain issues you can contact the team on 0845 600 7020 option 2.

Thanks in advance

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.