cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Emails to Secondary Account

technodunce

Please help

After successfully receiving emails to a secondary account on Office 365 (which is the main email address for my business) for 12 months after migrating from outlook 2003 my emails have suddenly stopped.

I can send emails and can receive on the main account.

When trying to solve this problem it seems impossible to talk to BT as I do not have any account with them and I am currently going around in circles.

4 REPLIES 4

MHC
Guru

If you do not have an account with BT then how do you have an email account?

technodunce

Hi MHC

That is a very good question to which I do not know the answer to.

All of our email accounts were set up many years ago by our then IT support company. We had always been set up to use MS Outlook 2003, last year we received messages saying that support for this product was being withdrawn and we had to migrate to O365.

I just followed the instructions and set up the account, nowhere along the process was I referred to any process of payment etc 

Trying to trace the history I think we were set up through BT Business Broadband (BT Click) and we must have had a BT Connect primary account.

As

MHC
Guru

So, who is your ISP now?   

Did you move from BT but leave the email addresses in place?

Can you go to https://secure.business.bt.com/account/login.htm and login in using any of your account names and passwords?

You may have to try support again and get then to raise a special case - but you may find yourself having to pay to retain the email address if you are no longer with BT as your ISP.

technodunce
Hi MHC

Yes I imagine that is what happened we changed provider and left the email addresses in place.

I have tried logging in as you suggest but that has not got me very far. Eventually I managed to get through to support and they are saying that I should have been moved to the MS 365 platform and they have turned off the servers that were used before so I will lose any emails being sent to my address.

It is all of a mess all I can do apparently is to set up a new account, disassociate from any old linked accounts at BT Connect
And start afresh, to be honest I did not really understand all of what they were saying but it is complicated by different accounts and addresses being opened over the years and not shut down.

On the plus side the BT Support team were very good and although they must have realised my technical limitations they have been extremely patient so far, so I cannot criticise them.

Thank you for your input it is most appreciated and I will see what tomorrow brings