cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have just been advised that my upgrade to BT Business Email Lite (powered by Office 365) is happening 'soon'.

A couple of questions:

When is soon - do I get a diffinitive date/time when this upgrade is occuring as I'll have to update the SMTP/POP server settings to the new outlook.com settings.

I understand that the mailbox joe.bloggs@btconnect.com will be changed to the alias joe.bloggs@mydomain.com and all mail forwarded by default.

What happens to current (pre-upgrade) mailboxes with multiple aliases?

e.g.

joe.bloggs@btconnect.com with alias joe.bloggs@mydomain.com and joebloggs@mydomain.com ?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Stephenc
Master User

Hi Mfaize,

This may be a bit late, yes the mail will forward be default, users with multiple aliases need to have one mailbox @mydomainname.com selected to do this, login to http://myoffice.bt.com with the primary username - manag services - email - upgrade centre - choose the alais you want to use, the reset will be forwarded to this and used as aliases as before.

If you login to the upgrade centre, it should have a date on there, but you can change this date once, either bring it forward or puch it back.

They also send three emails out, one in advance, one nearer the time and one when it changes.

Thanks,

Steve