cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplan unlimited

apricorn

Hi

the unlimited one plan looks to good to be true which unfortunately makes me wonder if it is.

can I really have unlimited calls now for good for £15 per month, there is mention in the marketing that I should make a chargeable call each month - but as all calls seem to be free I don't know how to make a chargeable call!?! also what happens if I don't make a chargeable call?

BT's T&C's seem to be overly complicated can any body summerise in such a way that a potential customer may be able to understand

thanks  

8 REPLIES 8

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi apricorn,

I don't know where you are reading the "one chargeable call" bit from - can you let me know?

The unlimited deal covers all calls to UK numbers beginning 01, 02, 03, 05, 0845, 0870, almost all mobile networks (excluding 3 and Dolphin) and international land lines (with a few exceptions - generally small island nations).

Specific exclusions are:- 0844, 0871, Premium Rate and International Mobile.

It will cost you £15 per line provided you have BT Broadband or BT Mobile (you would go on either One Plan or One Plan Plus). If not it would be £22pm (One Plan Traditional). If you have ISDN or aux working PSTN / Featurelines, you would need the subscription on each line / channel (eg. if you have 4 channels of ISDN2e in a single installation, it would cost you £60pm)

One key point to remember and worth pointing out because of the number of people who have mis-read my Reseller briefings, the Unlimited subscribtion is chargeable in addition to your line rental.

BT Local Business Newcastle

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

I should also mention that the Unlimited deal is subject to a Fair Usage Policy. This translates to 5,000 fixed line and international minutes per month and 300 fixed line to mobile minutes. If you have the package on a multi-line installation (using the example I made in my post above) this "allowance" is multiplied by the number of subsciptions you have e.g. 20,000 fixed and international minutes and 1,200 fixed to mobile minutes.

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

The "one chargeable call" bit refers to the "Inclusive" option (the 500 free minutes - calls to 01, 02, 03, 05, 0845 and 0870).

If you don't have the Unlimited subscription and just want the 500 free minutes, you need to make at least one chargeable call (i.e. a call to a 0871 number or mobile which aren't included within the Inclusive option).

Redalerto

Will this inclusive minutes on the unlimited plan cover calls being diverted to a mobile?

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

The Unlimited plan (the one with the subscription) includes calls to mobile (excluding calls to the Three network and Dolphin) so if you are diverting to O2, Orange, Voda etc, then the answer is Yes - the diverted calls are included.

telecomsaudit

You might want to enquire about the minimum spend commitment and reconcilliation fees- for example:

Minimum Annual Spend £500.

12 months in each year

£15 per month

12 x £15 = £180

"Reconcilliation fees apply" if you fail to spend £500.

Are you charged per second or per minute?

If you are charged per minute and make 300 calls to a mobile which only last 1 second (eg if the call goes to voicemail and you hang up, or get busied and hang up) that would mean you use your 300 minutes worth of 'free' calls which have only lasted a combined total of 5 minutes.

Minimum 2 year contract - is this competitive? Does this give BT an incentive to offer better prices?

What are the charges to call Dolphin and the 3 network?

Is there a call set-up fee/call connection charge when calling 'chargeable' numbers?

[link removed by moderators]

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

You might also want to consider the following points.

This "reconcilliation" observation is the most often repeated observation made by the resellers of other service providers in reaction to the fact that they cannot compete with this amazing BT deal.

The minimum commitment of £500 per year is made up from all contributory elements - not just the cost of the unlimited subscription. An obvious point has been missed / omitted and that is - in order to qualify for the £15pm deal you need a line and either broadband or mobile.

12 x £15 for Unlimited calls = £180.00

12 x £14.99 PSTN rental = £179.88

12 x £14.00 BT Broadband Office Unlimited = £168.00

Total for the year = £527.88 ........so no reconcilliation.

2 other observations that should also be made:-

• One Plan customers on this Unlimited deal receive an annual reward credit equivalent to 1 month's average spend - 1 month free (in this example the calls, lines and broadband which equates to £43.99)
  • Customers will only ever be charged reconcilliation if they have not met 90% of their annual commitment (in this example, 90% of £500 is £450)

If you are making 300 calls to a mobile that only last 1 second each then your "allowance" is used up but then, if you are making such a volume of this type of call, you're probably not a single line customer. When was the last time that you made 300 x 1 second calls to a mobile in one month?

Is £15 per month for unlimited calls competitive? Can any other provider come close to this AND give one month free each year?

Calls to the Three network are 17.89ppm (tariff can be viewed on the BT Price List published via BT.com). How much do other providers charge? Which other providers make their tariffs available for customers to view online? Why would other providers hide this information?

When calling chargeable numbers (the numbers that aren't included in the Unlimited offer such as 0844, 0871, Directory Enquiries, International mobile etc) there are no call setup charges. Again, these rates can be viewed in the BT Price List.

As a BT Partner, on a daily basis we deal with many non-BT customers who are looking at this deal. We provide a free service where we will take the customer's itemised monthly bill from their current provider and compare every single call against what it would have cost with BT in the same period. We've now been doing this for over a year and have not found a single customer that would not have saved money by switching from their current provider to BT on the Unlimited or the Inclusive deal.

Other providers and resellers that have been used to selling their own propositions on a headling grabbing ppm comparison find it difficult to compete with a proposition that is based on a fixed rate. When we undertake an evaluation, we can present the BT proposition based on fact and not hypothesis.

paulg76

So, whilst I agree I might not make 300, 1 second mobile calls, I could possibly make 70 calls of more than 2 mins, but possibly 150 calls of less than 30 seconds. If I made a 20 second call, what would BT round this upto?