cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only house in the entire street that cannot get fibre - why?

simonrl
Would appreciate some guidance or a contact number to query this from an admin if poss please.

I run my business from home - hence asking in the business forums - and I appear to be the only address in the entire street that cannot get fibre.

I do understand that some properties are connected to different cabinets... But I've checked availability for every other house in the row and in neighbouring streets. They're all good for fibre, but I'm not. Which is puzzling to say the least. I can't be connected to a different cabinet to everybody else...

Is there a number anywhere I can call to query this? I've been round and round in circles on the Openreach site but cannot find any means of asking why this is.

I have heard mention of a database of properties and occasional mistakes/omissions.

Thanks,
Simon
1 REPLY 1

adrianc
Master User

@simonrl wrote:
Which is puzzling to say the least. I can't be connected to a different cabinet to everybody else...

As crazy as it sounds, it isn't impossible.  You can use the availability checker with a neighbour's phone number to see what cabinet number they're connected to.  You do need to use a phone number rather than address though.