cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007

Mwanhala

I have just changed to WINDOWS 7  on a new laptop.  Office2007 is installed and works apart from Outlook2007.  I want to use this for my btconnect email account as I used to on my old VISTA laptop.

Email account is set up following the BT posted guide.

When I try to open outlook2007 it fails to start, telling me that Microsoft Exchnage is not available and outlook cannot run unless it is on line.  I have checked the box Internet Mail  during email set up.

I am stuck.  I'm told my profile is not configured and that Outlook can only do this if I am on line but it won't connect as Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.

Do any of you clever people know what the problem is and how I can solve it?

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Mwanhala,

it sounds as though your outlook profile is trying to synch up to an exchange email account, but btconnect email are pop accounts.

What you try is to create a new profile in Outlook, then tell it that this new profile is the default profile, and set your btconnect.com email address up as a pop account.

If you are still having issues with Outlook you might need to speak to Microsoft or a local IT person to check that Outlook is upto date, you could contact our IT Support Managers (ITSM) on 0800 500 247, but they are a chargeable service.

Mark

Mwanhala

Yes, that is exactly what is happening but how can I prevent OUTLOOK doing this when I can't start it?

I will check on the outlook 'use by date'

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Mwanhala

To create a new profile you will be best to access the mail 32 file through control panel,  he is a guide from Microsoft.

Mark