cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge on business account

PCAL2794

I have written to BT regarding overcharging on my company's business account, complete with a copy of their letter detailing how much we should be charged for landline and mobile calls and proof that our annual bill was way more than the limit set by BT to qualify. I asked for a written reply but instead got a phone call explaining that they felt our charges were reasonable and we should speak to Sales for a new plan.

They do not seem to understand that under the terms of our existing plan we have been overcharged by about 10p a minute, amounting to over £750 for the last year; further investigation suggests they have been doing this for a couple of years at least.

Who do I contact to get this sorted out as clearly writing and speaking to BT is a waste of time; is OFCOM mty next port of call?

1 REPLY 1

Indtel

PCAL, if I didnt know better I would think you are being charged what is called a set up fee on some of the calls you make, ie on the Business One plan whilst you get vast amounts of free local and National minutes, calls to mobiles invoke a 7p set up fee before your billing starts and with their mobile rates already high your first minute could end up costing you 16p. If you are on One plan plus you get local, national and some mobile minutes thrown in - however again there is a 5p set up fee for G3 calls. If BT wont do anything try and find someone to take your call and if you are at least 12 months into your contract you only pay 20% to get out of it