cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 not working on Windows Phone

GeoffWard

Hi,

POP3 email has stopped working on my Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone 7.8 on Tuesday 3rd March.  Before this date everything worked fine with the following email settings:

POP address:outlook.office365.com

Port: 995

SMTP address: SMTP.office365.com

Port: 587

SSL is enabled for both incoming and outgoing email.

I can connect to my account using Outlook on my PC with the settings above without any problems, I can also connect to my email using a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8.1 with the above settings.  Given this it would appear that connectivity for Windows Phone 7 has been removed from Office 365, however I don't understand why this would be the case???

I have already contacted Microsoft about the problem the problem and their response is below:

"Since Outlook on your PC works fine, it indicates that there is no issue from Office 365 server side. As you mentioned, the issue is probably with the Windows Phone 7.8.

Meanwhile, our forum focuses on Office 365 subscriptions via the official site directly. For Office 365 subscriptions from Syndication Partners (e.g. British Telecommunication, GoDaddy or AppRiver LLC  etc), due to the legal agreement between Microsoft and Partners, please contact the syndication partner for dedicated support. And some features are customized and they are different from the official ones."

Can someone let me know why my Windows Phone 7.8 can't connect to Office365.com

Thanks

Geoff

0 REPLIES 0