cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment in Bt eshop

Milkbug
Power User

Hi - does anyone know how in BT eshop I can get the checkout button to work. At the moment I have two buttons one for paypal and one which says checkout, when a customers  click on checkout it doesnt do anything, what do i need to do to make that button work. I want to stop using paypal and be able to take credit card payments on my site - any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eShopTeam
Master User

Hello,

You need to create more than one payment method to make it work. At the moment, you have configured PayPal Express. If a customer wants to pay, he/she must use the PayPal check out botton.

For adding a payment method please follow the next steps:

-From your main menu in the back office choose "settings"

-From the drop down menu choose "Delivery and payment"

-Choose the second tab "payment methods"

Here you can create new payment method. Once you have added another payment method the check out botton will work if the customer uses a different payment method from PayPal express.

The eShop Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

eShopTeam
Master User

Hello,

Could you provided us with a link to the shop?

Thank you

The eShop Team

Milkbug
Power User

Hi - sure its www.milkbug.co.uk

Thanks 

eShopTeam
Master User

Hello,

You need to create more than one payment method to make it work. At the moment, you have configured PayPal Express. If a customer wants to pay, he/she must use the PayPal check out botton.

For adding a payment method please follow the next steps:

-From your main menu in the back office choose "settings"

-From the drop down menu choose "Delivery and payment"

-Choose the second tab "payment methods"

Here you can create new payment method. Once you have added another payment method the check out botton will work if the customer uses a different payment method from PayPal express.

The eShop Team

ESHOPISNTEASY

Hi this isnt the case I have Paypal and Google checkout set up and the grey button doesnt work.  It just sends you in a wild goose chase accepting terms and conditions and finally doesnt let you pay.

www.cupcakecosmetics.co.uk

Frances
Master User

Hi Eshopisnteasy

I have received a response to your post from the eshop team

When Paypal Express or Google Checkout is preseleted in the merchant backoffice (or there no other payment method is offered) the regular Checkout button is deactivated via JavaScript. Of course it should be hidden then, but this does not work at the moment - a bug, that will be resolved with the update to 6.10

Hope this helps

Thanks

Frances

Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks