cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed!

evdok

Hi all,

I was with AOL for 10years and finally decided to move to BT, did i do the right thing?Smiley Sad  my download speed is 1.9-2.5 and was told it should get better once i get to the 10 days of the line settling!  its been 7 days now and not a sign of improvement, also the business hub is poor on wifi range aol's cheap router was much better! my neighbours opposite and next door are both getting just under 7mb with aol who rent there equipment off BT!!...my moan is will it get better or have i made the wrong move?

TIA

Evdok Smiley Wink

7 REPLIES 7

JohnE
Guru

If, after your 10 day "training" period is up, you are still experiencing slow speeds, then Contact Us in order to get any potential faults diagnosed quickly.

evdok

Will do.

Smiley Wink

burkemelvin77

yes you are right. Just because you have spare lots of time in this but still the result is poor.

evdok
Spoiler
Update

My speed has gone upto 4.3  i pleased with that but still room for improvement, bt are calling me back on Friday as they reset all errors on my line which takes approx 3 days, by the way had a new router aswell! 

JohnE
Guru

Thanks for letting us know how you are getting on with this, evdok.

TonyW

The worst thing I ever did was believing the Bt Blog of up to 20mps. I have been connected since Jan 2011 and I have never had more than 1mps... I had a new install and when I complained, after all the usual excuses I was told that the exchange I was connected to needed to have substantial amounts spent on it to offer an increase to my service.

I haven't been offered a refund or a chance to get out of my contract so how can BT say that they value your custom

I will never trust them again or reccomend them... the company is s...e

evdok
Upto 4850 now!

that's the best BT say, can't raise a fault as there are no errors on the line. I'm sure if they wanted to they could increase it more.