cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing published website

dasutton

Using Easy Site Wizard I have published my website. However, when I try to access it by typing in the domain address, I get the "This domain has been registered by BT" page, not my actual website... can anyone resolve this please?

4 REPLIES 4

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

When you access the BT site manager you should have the option to manage your domain as well as your free web space, I suspect you have chosen to manage the free webspace instead.  You will need to manage the domain and create the site there.

Thanks

dasutton

Thanks for replying, but I can't quite see what you suggest. When I go into Manage Services, I click on Manage Web Hosting, then click Manage (my web address). I am then redirected to the BT Website Centre, where I click on Easy Site Wizard and Begin, which opens my website for editing. When I'd finished I clicked on Publish.

I then try to access my site by typing in http://home.btconnect.com/davidasutton in the Internet Explorer address bar, and I get the "Your Domain has been registered by BT" page. I also get a Norton Security pop up which says site is unsafe. When I look at the full report it's actually referring to another website at home.btconnect.com and no my name...

Hope you can suggest a solution.

Thanks.

dasutton

I have published my website using Easy Site Wizard. However, when I try to access my site by typing in the address: http://home.btconnect.com/davidasutton in the Internet Explorer address bar, and I get the "Your Domain has been registered by BT" page. I also get a Norton Security Threat Report pop up which says the site is unsafe. When I look at the full report it's actually referring to another website at home.btconnect.com (a "spaldingbrown") and not my name... Solution to this is eagerly sought! Many thanks.

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

Sounds like there might be a redirect of some sort on your space, or some other kind of malicious code. I would probably say to check your source code for redirects and the like... I don't know what it would look like I've just seen it happen before. If all else fails I would say check with support via phone and they can look into it for you.