cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with One Account Billing - am I alone on this?

unlinkedstudent

I give up, I truly do.

Allegedly, I have a one account whereby I should be able to see my business phone account and broadband package.  I signed up for it yet I get a stupid e-mail telling me I'll be charged if I don't.

Now only my telephone account appears online so I phones up BT last quarter and I think I was told there were problems with it showing my broadband package also.

This quarter, I get my online bill for £X amount.  Ah, but that is only for the telephone (or at least I think it is) when the bill that comes in the post is a lot, lot higher for £Y amount.

Right now, I need to pay my bill as I'll be away from home as from tomorrow for a week.  It is crazy that I now have to take my telephone bill with me so I can pay it.

Now I thought, okay, let's pay it online instead of over the telephone.  Firstly, my account number is different on the  bill to that on my online account.  The BT help page states that all business accounts begin with "WM" - err excuse me BT, I have a business account and mine doesn't start with "WM".

Enter phone number and account number.  Press next/continue.  Get error message.  So I can't pay it online.  Ha, checking account online shows the bill for £X amount is already paid - it is not!

So WHY BT can you not get this sorted?  Why tell customers they have to pay a certain way and have a one account and yet your software cannot cope with it?  Why display the wrong amount instead of showing the amount due for all the packages a customer takes out?

Yours, sitting here wondering if I just owe £X amount or £Y amount or £X+Y.

2 REPLIES 2

SeanC
Master User

Hi unlikedstudent

I think it would be best for you to contact the billing team. You can find help, faqs and contact information at www.bt.com/business/help

always best to get billing sorted first

SC

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

Broadband accounts begin with WM. Your telephone account will begin with another 2 letter code (e.g. NE if you are located in the North East).

If you have been set up on One Bill correctly, your account should begin with VP

BT Local Business Newcastle