cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidshare Blocking

moscarella

I see that once again, BT have started to block access to Rapidshare effective today. Before BT continues with this high handed censorship of the Internet, perhaps they or who, should consider the following matters:

All of my business files are held on Rapishare, and I have a business account to access these as needed.

Over 7000 websites are hosted on Rapidshare servers and there is not now any access to those websites by the owners.

Parts of Wikipedia are not now accessible because they also host on Rapidshare.

Rapidshare files are mainly passworded and not freely accessible or indexed to the general public.

Lastly. I look forward to receiving my new terms of service contract from BT in respect of my now crippled business account, which I trust will give me the option of terminating the remainder of my contract because I will not agree to a crippled internet connection.

My business is now down and not running. I now have the option of re-uploading to a non blocked server(s) or perhaps BT will stop this crusade against a site which is, or was, in use by many businesses and websites.

Naturally, BT will once again deny crippling Rapidshare, I have had in the past, a steady diet of lies and evasion from BT on previous occasions that blocking of sites deemed 'undesireable' by BT. What exactly gives BT the right to decide what we should see or use on the internet is beyond me.

Remember the adage...Every wedge has an edge!

Rapidshare today...Who tomorrow?

2 REPLIES 2

MHC
Guru

I can get to Rapidshare quite easily ...

Can you give me some specific URLs to try - by PM if you wish.

whiller123
Super User

@moscarella

Hi

Are you sure

I have business users on Bt that use Rapidshare too they are not having any issues as of this morning.

Rob