cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BT Versatility is saying programming refused?

Davel
Super User

Managed to sort problem, had to default system which is not for the faint hearted but works a treat now!

3 REPLIES 3

Pluke

Hi I think I will have to do the same.  We have moved our offices round and whilst moving the phones, we have mis programmed the main extension to extention 25 which does not exist.  All our handsets now say programming refused.  I really need to get this sorted as the phone does not ring for incoming calls. What is the procedure to default the system, we do not have a maintenance contract, and the phone is a versatility 3 installed in 2004.  Pat

Davel
Super User

Hi Pat, defaulting the system should not be necessary in your case. If you know that extn 25 is the new programming extn can you just wire a telephone to this port and change the programming location back to where it was? Defaulting the system involves removing the back up capacitor from the motherboard, shorting it out and then replacing it which should only be done by a competent person.

paulroberts

Hi, same problem suffered at moment.   Can you tell me more about "defaulting" the system?

Sounds like could cause a few problems...

All I need is to be given permission to programme my own system.