cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow speed , need help :(

Chris_Brooks

Basically the problem is as follows : 

We used to be on BT total broadband the home service , which we got a steady 2meg from day in day out . We switched earlier this year however to the business broadband since we needed a website for our business and it was recommended as it was apparently meant to be faster than the normal house service (what a joke that is). At the beginning when we got the service running round about April it was great , we were getting a steady 5-6 meg everyday which was way faster than our previous obviously but then all of a sudden in about September / October time this all stopped and since we've been getting only about 1meg every single day . It's shocking speeds we're getting now , even less than what we used to get with the home service. It's not caps as I haven't downloaded much , how can I with this speed anyway ? Playing Xbox Live is really annoying with this rubbish service , and streaming a video on the pc whilst downloading a demo on xbox or say streaming a music video on the pc whilst downloading on anything else is impossible . I'm using the supplied BT business hub , i've looked at all the settings , and line noise and everything , it all seems to be the same as it was when it was good so what could be wrong ? I've already complained but had no reply despite the estimated time being 6 hours apparently to get an email back , BT have got to have the worst customer service , available and no chance i'm phoning as no one on the phones speaks english . What am I supposed to do ? I tried the test socket , no speed increase all that happened was the connection dropped out so eventually after a while I was forced to switch back to the proper master socket . The router is not at fault because I was using a Netgear DG834N before I switched to this one and I switched to this one in september to try and see if it fixed the problem but no solution as getting the same results I was with the netgear when it started going slow , so must be BT and nothing on this end , but is there anything I could do ?

3 REPLIES 3

rogersewell

Hi Chris pls send me a contact number on (personal details removed by moderator) i will call you and explain what i did when i had this problem.

Chris_Brooks

Can you tell me on this please ? 

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am really sorry to read you are experiencing problems with your BT Business Broadband connection. We do have information on our help and support files if your broadband connection is slow.

You can check your connection at the speed tester site, I would try this at several different times throughout the day to see if there is any differences in the speed. If you post the results on the forum some of our members may be able to offer some advice.  If you feel your BT Business Broadband is not performing you will need to contact the technical helpdesk to go through some troubleshooting on the connection. If there is a problem with the broadband connection this can only be resolved by logging the issue with technical team, a fault cannot be raised through the forum.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.