cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving and sending email with HTC phone

johnmct

Hi, tried to set up my new email features with an HTC but I'm failing. Keeps coming up authentication failed. Please verify your username/password. Instructions for the ipad went great but struggling with this android HTC. Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eagle

Cracked it.

On my galaxy S the solution was to copy in the details via the manual configuration route as per outlook settings apart from the username. Enter the username for each pop account as the full email address

Pop server name: pop.outlook.com

Port  995

Encryption:  SSL

Smtp server name:  smtp.outlook.com

Port  587

Encryption TLS

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

scott

I am having the same problem, with my HTC Sensation running on Android.  Any solutions?

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

I've posted this before, but I'll do it again.

Check your email settings in something like Outlook Express (or Windows Mail if you're on Office 365).  If they work perfectly then the problem is one of the following:

- Your settings in the phone are wrong.

- Your mobile provider has issues with BT email addresses.

If it doesn't work right then your email account might be broken.

That's pretty much it.

And I have a Sensation, just for reference.

Cheers.

Dave A

eagle

I have the same problem with my galaxy S. No problem until our recent switch to Office 365. I have changed over all the PCs (4) I use via the bt 'configuration utility tool' and these work fine with outlook and my POP3 emails (previously btconnect.com). The settings have been reconfigured to outlook.com for POP and STMP. 

Should have been easy to just copy the settings into the phone hence I deleted the old accounts, not working after the switch anyway, and tried installing the new ones with the new settings. No joy via automatic detection or manual setup. The username and/or password are not recognised.

I have tried many many times over 2 days to get the phone to accept new settings and it will not. It is not due to mistakes entering the data - if only it was that wasy.

Help!

eagle

Cracked it.

On my galaxy S the solution was to copy in the details via the manual configuration route as per outlook settings apart from the username. Enter the username for each pop account as the full email address

Pop server name: pop.outlook.com

Port  995

Encryption:  SSL

Smtp server name:  smtp.outlook.com

Port  587

Encryption TLS

ivegotnails

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been trying, like yourself, for the last 2 days to get the email working on my Galaxy S2.

The important bit for me was

smtp server name: smtp.outlook.com

port: 587

Encryption: TLS

I'd been using SSL for smtp and it wouldn't work.

Thanks again

nayan007
Super User

I too had the same kind of problem. This solution has helped me out too

APM2

Cannot set my HTC to send and receive calls continues to say verify password/username

What can I do to resolve???

kashif

i was having the same problem but i tried below steps and was able to install settings.

• open your web domain like (mail.xyz.com)
  • click on forgot your password
  • fill up your outlook email and the verification.
  • you will receive a password on your outlook email.
  • use that username and password in HTC and follow the instructions.
  • i hope it works for you as well.

regards

Kashif