cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing an existing website with one built in EasySiteWizard

SBVS

Hi -  I'm a charity development worker trying to help a small local charity. They paid for a website that is hosted by BT but they want to replace it without paying for a whole new site. The charity is paying for the BT Advanced Web Hosting package - it has one domain name.

Does anyone know...

1. Can they build a new site using EasySiteWizard and still keep the current live site while they're getting the EasySiteWizard site ready to publish?

2. Once their EasySiteWizard site is finished and we've deleted the current site through FTP would clicking Publish in EasySiteWizard magically make the site appear on their domain name?

Thanks for helping.

Best wishes

Sarah

3 REPLIES 3

Sogo7
Grand Master

Should be do able but as they have the 'advanced' package why not use Wordpress?

It's a free package and it will make for a much better looking and easier to update site,

with ready built modules that handle all the things like image galleries, contact forms etc

that Easy Site Wizard cannot do. Just choose a layout and add your own words & pictures.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

SBVS

Hi - that sounds like a really good plan. 

I've used Wordpress with community groups before and they've found it easy to use - I didn't realise that BT would accept Wordpress installation.

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes

Sarah

darkulap

I didn't know this as I am also new working on WordPress. I just hope this works perfectly well.