cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEO in ePages?

martin86
Master User

Hi,

I am using ePages for my e-Commerce website, does anyone have any tips on creating good SEO within ePages?  I have used the keywords facility when listing my products but I wondered if there were any other tricks.

3 REPLIES 3

dave
Guru

You may find the following document useful

http://www.epages.com/en/download/en-epages6-SEO.pdf

abirhasan
Master User

I have foun some usefull tips. have a look..

http://www.palmerwebmarketing.com/blog/25-ecommerce-seo-tips/

abirhasan

Sogo7
Grand Master

Both the links above provide some useful general tips. By now you will of realised there is NO magic code or tricks that boost a sites rankings, it's all about the content. Basically are they coming to the site and staying because they find it interesting or usefull... OR thumping the back button in a frantic bid to escape.. this is what Google wants to know.

The keyword Meta tag has also fallen seriously out of favour with the likes of Google because of 'stuffing', (putting dozens of high ranking words into the tag that are unrelated to the site). Instead they now prefer to read the content of the entire page and compile their own list, so it's vital to have good written descriptions with any featured products.

Something you can do to raise awareness of your website is forum signature tagging or somehow working a link to your site into a forum answer for somebody elses problem. There's a forum for everything on the web and you can be sure there is more than one, so get out there! Whatever you are selling then somebody will of asked "where can I get.." and a google search will give you some leads.

Google is not stupid and does not rate such back-links very highly because it knows what you are trying to do but if enough different people start searching for, visiting or linking to your site they will take notice.   Don't expect miracles overnight and avoid like the plauge anybody who claims they can give you  guaranteed visitor traffic.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner