cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM

Agent009

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can report SPAM emails to BT? I got an email a few days ago claiming to be BT asking for my email password to update their records - yeah right, as if.

Cheers for your help,

Agent009

8 REPLIES 8

aggy19

Hi Agent009,

You can report any suspicious emails you receive to abuse@btbroadband.com This team will investigate this further for you.

aggy19.

Message Edited by aggy19 on 07-01-2009 12:55 PM

TheOtherOne
Super User

Hi Agent009,

You can also report it to spam@btbroadbandoffice.com (type in the word SPAM in the 'Subject' field), and add the email you wish to report as an attachment.

More info on this is available at:

What to do if you receive spam email

I think it's good that you highlighted this, as BT would never ask customers to confirm passwords etc via email. Hopefully this will be useful to those that were not aware of this problem on how to deal with it.

Kind regards,

TheOtherOne

"He was standing, gazing northwards into the darkness, thoughtful and silent as a young tree in a windless night"

Agent009

Cheers guys,

thanks for your replies!

Unobtanium

Hi

As the link in the post above no longer functions, here is a link to our FAQ section covering SPAM

I hope it helps

dwj73

The problem is, BT doesn't seem to do anything about spam. I have been spammed by a BT static ip for the past 3 weeks. I have reported them multiple times through spamcop and BT's abuse address, but the spam keeps coming. When you browse to the ip address you get a message that says "Email Marketing {intensive}" so it's a no-brainer that this is a spammer. I have also sent a tweet to BT business, but didn't get any reply.

Oh, and this ip address is already on a bunch of blacklists.

Anyway, it seems that BT doesn't care about spam, and they're happy to let their servers get listed on blacklists.

nayan007
Super User

In the above discussion I found two mail ids to report for spam,they are :- abuse@btbroadband.com and spam@btbroadbandoffice.com. I am little bit confused that which is the correct mail id to report Smiley Indifferent

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

To clarify the situation, the Abuse email address is internet.abuse@bt.com now.

The spam@btbroadbandoffice.com address was killed off years ago because they used to use to to mark spam, with a nospam@ address to unmark it.  But they changed the email platform at least twice since then and the address doesn't work any more.

The problem with spam is that there are so many different ways of dealing with it.  Some people never want to seee any spam in their mail ever, and some people want to deal with it themselves so they don't miss emails due to false positives.  Unfortunately no general system is going to allow both at the same time.

And the important thing to remember - Spam is not the fault of BT, or any other ISP.  It is the fault of the SPAMMER!!

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Dave A

Davidoram

There is an advance setting for security mail in this website. U will obtain the clear vision over there. You should Click on alternative at the top left of the email page. Opt "Mail Options" and select SPAM for more information go to Computer Help options. You can block anyone.