cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Problems

catatonic

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup (5) static ips on my new bt infinity service (order: BOS 13003093), however I can't get it to work.

On the router (2701HGV-C), under Settings -> Broadband -> Link Configuration, I've set "Public IP Address" as detailed in the email (Router Address & Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.248).

Under LAN -> NAT & Address Allocation, the machine has an external/static ip as its current address, device status is connected dhcp, I've disabled the firewall while I try to get this to work, address assignment is set to "Public (select WAN IP Mapping)", and WAN IP Mapping is set to "Public Fixed: ______".

However on the machine itself, it can't connect to the internet (even a simple ping).

I've tried this now on both windows 7 & debian - same problem on both machines, no internet connection once a external/static ip has been set. Both work correctly if they're set to "Private from pool:192.168.1.0" & "Router WAN IP address(default)".

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work? Or if the IPs haven't been correctly setup on BTs end?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

JohnE
Guru

When you set up the range, please make sure that you set it up in the correct section of the Link Configuration page.  Look for the Public IP Address section, a little way down the page.  Once you have this set up, you can allocate IP addresses according to this procedure:

To allocate a static IP address to the device: Go to: Settings - LAN - NAT & Address Allocation In NAT & Address Allocation look for the device, there are two drop down lists: Address Assignment : this should be set to: Public (select WAN IP mapping) The lower drop -down list, WAN IP Mapping : will allow you to allocate an IP address from the User range.

catatonic

Hi,

I've done this, however the computer doesn't get any internet connectivity. Is it possible for me to pm you the IP addresses that i've been given to make sure they've been provisioned correctly? I can't think of what else it would be, unless there is something wrong with the router.

Thanks,

~c

JohnE
Guru

My advice, catatonic, is to Contact Us.  We can help.

zi11

Hello , did you resolve the problem ?

It appears that we have the same problem  after moving to Infinity last month.

( The 5 static ip are in **.138 .**.**  

**.148.**.** is what come up  on the LAN computers and it keeps on changing in the 81.148.**.** range !