cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone

swansojb

Since change to Outlook 365, my email receipts are timed with wrong time zone eg

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:39:51 AM (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik

was deleted without being read on Monday, March 26, 2012 6:41:23 AM (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik.

Is this because BT have the wrong time zone on their email server?

7 REPLIES 7

markp
Grand Guru

Hi swansojb,

If you go to our website http://myoffice.bt.com, and login to the manage services section, once logged in click on your email, this will take you to the login screen for the online version of office 365.  When you first login to office 365 through our website you can state what time zone you are in. You can also change the time zone you are in though the website too.

Regards

Mark

BT Business Forum Moderator

swansojb

The zone time already set there is (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

I have howevere selected same again and saved it to see if that makes a differebnce.

nayan007
Super User

Hi, I hope that your problem has been resolved. If still persisting problem then please feel free to post here,so that we can assist you further.

swansojb

Still the same

To: JBS Peebles
   Subject: Local Development Plan Main Issues Report 2012
   Sent: 17 April 2012 12:24:10 (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik

was read on 17 April 2012 12:24:29 (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik.

swansojb

and I also get a second one

Subject: FW: BT Business Support Forum Subscription: 1 New Message
   Sent: 17 April 2012 13:24:10 (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

was read on 17 April 2012 13:24:47 (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Something definitely not right. UK is NOT on UTC at this time.

UK is on UTC+1   ; also known as BST

Where your email says "Sent: 17 April 2012 13:24:10 (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" then the time of your sending would be 2:24pm local (ie BST) time

swansojb

I agree.

My PC Zone time is set as GMT but automatically goes to BST which all my clocks show. Whilst it states UTC in the message the time is actually GMT + 1 and the is correct. message was 1324 BST

It is the second one that gives Monrovia etc that started only when BT shifted to Office 365 for email that I really could do with getting rid of as it is confusing and unnecessary, but I don't know what initiates it.