cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of lines from company in adminstration

ColinE

We have bought the goodwill of a company that has gone into administration and part of that purchase is the telephone numbers.

How does one go about identifying all the numbers owned and getting them redirected to another number/company?

The administrator has provided some info but who/where to speak to in BT?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

ColinE

Even  a point of contact of who to talk to in BT would be a great help

cardare

@BTCare on Twitter might be able to point you in the right direction.

I would guess all this information should be in the purchase ledger provided the company kept good records. I've worked at a few places and each one of them uses things like Agresso and Resource 32000 to ensure supplier information is kept up to date with appropriate contacts when support is required, and what exactly a particular payment is for, recurring or otherwise.

When I worked for one of my old employers we would always go to BTiNet as we had a Unified Comms system supported by them and then they would put us in touch with the relevent people to switch our corporate number from our ISDN to a reserve standard line on reception if ever the ISDN line went down so we could at least still receive calls.

The problem you have is that some of this information may not be possible to obtain from BT unless you represent the company that owned the lines (Data Protection), but if you are involved in turning the firm around then this might not be a problem?

- Lee Ward MBCS
2013 Runner-up in Outstanding Customer Support Award at one of the UK's leading Universities in Birmingham.
Desktop Systems Engineer, self-training on Telephony for career progression.