cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring / diverting business numbers

andrewjamesc

Hi everyone,

We have just finished moving offices (in the same street) and have basically the same system set up in the new office (4 incoming lines on a Versatility system and a seperate line for fax and broadband). All this is working OK, but how can we transfer our old office numbers to the new office?

The salesman from BT Local Business Manchester told us that phone numbers can be transferred in about 24 hours, but he doesn't want to return my calls now. I've also talked to business support on the phone, having been promised several call backs (which didn't happen...) - and the only person willing to talk there pointed me back to Local Business.

About 2 years ago, the Versatility system in the old office failed, and while it was being repaired, our calls were forwarded to a mobile number - unfortunatly, noone can remember who we called then, but it was done on the spot, rather than having to place an order.

Who can I talk to to get the calls transparantly diverted (without a message) until the numbers have been formally transferred? This needs to be done in a hurry, ideally by Monday.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Andrew.

4 REPLIES 4

Brian
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi andrewjamesc

Our customer service desk on 0800 800 152 will be able to look into setting up a permanent divert from your old numbers.  However they will not be available until Monday.

There is a chance that we could apply a goodwill divert but it will depend on the account status of your old numbers.  

To enquire about this I would recommend calling the Faults desk on 0800 800 154 if the account is still open then a goodwill divert might be possible.

Regards,

Brian

Crisco

I had 2 numbers on Soho London and after years of paying huge amounts to divert, found a VOIP company Gradwell that was able to port the numbers so now I can make and receive calls from anywhere in the world using my London phone number

MHC
Guru

Why not overlay them onto a BT VOIP number? 

celavey
Power User

Great idea. This is what I did to fix my diverting calls.