cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get an integrated business account Do I need to start war publically

vmadhavan

22/6/2010 :

I ordered a new Business Phone , Broadband and BT Mobile handset package from BT

The phone line and business line was a conversion of my home phone & broadband to a specific business package.

in the name of M&W* (full names not disclosed) - this was to avoid having an engineers visit to the premises not for cost.

The person who I spoke to confirmed that the credit checks required for the Mobile package were completed. 

The Broadband changeover happened on schedule.

25/6/2010

I had a suspicion about the mobile service so I rang to enquire on the 26th of June and was first told that the credit clearance had not been approved so no package was set up.

I then rang the Sales service - after a whole day of being diverted around the system it was confirmed that the phone had been dispatched on the same day and a deleivery company had attempted delievry of the 23rd and 24th.

I eventually had to go and collect the phones from the depot

I promptly recieved a bill for the Mobile services again the wrong name and with no indication of the Direct Debit I had set up on the 22/6/2010.

8/7/2010

I suspected the Phone line was still a residential line so i contacted BT - it took them 4 goes to find the right person to deal with this (yet another remote sales team !) and one botched attempt via the Online Chat service.

An order was placed on the 9th and the line changeover was meant to happen by the 16th.

9/7/2010

I rang billing to update the records with the right account names and set up direct debits for the

1. Broadband acct

2. Mobile account

I was told I would get a paper bill with the new schedule.

Nothing has turned up yet.

My online acct mgt shows I now have bills overdue!

16/7/2010

I recd an order confirmation of the phone change over but the phone number had changed by a digit- again rang BT and got put through to 2 lots of people; the phone no change was a mistake but it was still showing up on the system as residential line as well as a Business line.

16/7/2010

Have asked for someone to get back to me so that I can integrate all 3 accounts

Also I now have a regd company name under which I want the account to fall under.

I cannot get anyone to respond.

16/7/2010

Also recd a bill for an 0844 acct which should be free for the next 12 months- have contacted them and have beemn told they have sent an email to Billing to rectify this. But after my recent experiences have no faith in verbal confirmation.

Am considering the foll options: simultaneously

1. Process a formal complaint

2. Write directly to the MD of BT Global Services and use my corporate network to hand deliver the letter

3. Contact BBC Watchdog or any other Consumer programme

4.Take out an advertisement in the FT or similar paper-warning the business community not to consider a BT Business account 

I am prepared to take BT on on a legal challenge and I am no shrinking violet!

Strangely I just want a consolidated account so that I can pay BT on time and in a manner they prefer

My problem is that I dont want to default on my 24 month contract with BT on this issue but I would rather concentrate on building my own business.

I total I have made atleast 22 phonecalls and have barely got anywhere.

The online help services have been a waste of time too.

In the past I have setup services with a maximum of 2 phonecalls and generally never need to use a helpline.

I have  been a critical care doctor for more than 15 years,

I have additional years in the corporate sector internationally.

Nowhere have I come up again such a wall.

So any other alternative ideas would be helpful before I wage open warfare.

5 REPLIES 5

Frances
Master User

Hi Vmadhavan

I'm sorry that you are having problems. If you send me a private mail with your details I will get this looked into for you.

Thanks

Frances

Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks

vmadhavan

Frances

I am not sure how to send a private message to you.

Please could you let me know how to do that.

I already have a prepared summary and a statement of what I require sorted out.

Frances
Master User

Hi Vmadhavan.

If you just click on my name where the icon is next to my post you will be able to send me a private message

Thanks

Frances

Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks

Frances
Master User

Hi Vmadhavan

Thank you for your message with your details. I have forwarded them on to the correct team who will look into this for you and they will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Frances

Forum Moderator

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Vmadhavan,

I have been sent an update on your case and it is in hand with one of our team. They will be contacting you to keep you updated on the progress of all issues.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.