cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating records on my Website News Page

Bestieboy

Hi

I've used ESW Pro for a while now and after much tinkering through trial/error have most of it set up as I want. I run a news/update page on my website which I usually update almost everyday. The last three days there seems to be a problem. Opening the page is fine and the text is as it should be. When I double click the text box to add more updates the text turns dim, blurred and almost unreadable, its never done this before over the last 6 months. Apart from being very difficult to work with I've reluctantly stopped my news service in case when I publish it it'll convert all of it to an unreadable mess. I tried all the other pages on my website and it does the same thing. Any suggestions on this please? I'm too scared to add/publish without messing it all up.

Steve   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pmillman
Power User

Hello,

The only time I have encountered this type of problem with EasySite Wizard Pro, the root cause was an old cookie resident in my browser. I was also using Internet Explorer at the time(IE7).  You may want to try clearing your cache and cookies before loading ESW again.  This worked for me and hopefully will for you too.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alexander
BT Partner
BT Partner
Sounds unusual. Here are a couple things you may want to try. On one of your back or lower pages (or a new page) create a new text box with some sample text. Then save the page. Does this new text box behave in the same fasion? You may also want to take an existing small, out of the way text box and edit and add some additional text and save. Then publish to see how the changes are applied to the website. On your text boxes, do not cut and paste from other HTML editors like Word. The text box is looking for plain text and formatting should be done using the ESW Pro text editor tools.

Bestieboy

Hi Alexander

Before reading your reply I did try a small update then published it. The text was readable but the whole page was bigger in size and didn't fit my screen None of the pages lined up as they did before. After giving up trying to find a solution I tried a system restore befiore I had this problem. I then logged in to my website and the small update I had made was all over the place but i had lost the previous problem. I deleted this then added the text again, published and it now seems fine! I have no idea what went wrong as all other applications on my PC were fine? At least it appears to be ok now.

Cheers

Steve

pmillman
Power User

Hello,

The only time I have encountered this type of problem with EasySite Wizard Pro, the root cause was an old cookie resident in my browser. I was also using Internet Explorer at the time(IE7).  You may want to try clearing your cache and cookies before loading ESW again.  This worked for me and hopefully will for you too.

Peter