cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISTA feedback anyone ?

rainbowarrior
Super User
Hi , Just a open post to obtain public comments from ACTUAL vista users. like common issues and how you managed to resolve them. thanks
4 REPLIES 4

a-hill
Grand Master
Disable UAC straight away and your time on Vista will be far less stressful. The only real annoyance I have at the moment is when using fullscreen graphical programs that have to adjust gamma, when going back to desktop the gamma stays at the program settings and not what I have set in my control panel for desktop. I have to continually open the Nvidia control panel and reset the gamma back to normal. Also took me a little while to realise you have to enable folder sharing on the folder properties, and folder advanced properties before full user access is allowed.. was just having one of those days at the time I think. Apart from being a ram hungry beast, I've had no major issues with it so far, just minor annoyances that can either be disabled or over come with slight inconvenient manual adjustments.

rainbowarrior
Super User
interesting.
heard that NVIDIA drivers were the leading cause for vista crashes in 2007 . orginal article i am reffering to is the one on register

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/03/28/nvidia_vista_drivers/

thanks for your tip a-hill

chris
Master User
I have used Vista since its release and I have had very little issue with it until Service Pack 1. After installation system became very unstable with explorer.exe crashes and random reboots.

Once I uninstalled Service Pack 1 my system returned to its usual stable self.

On searching various forums I am not alone in this behaviour.

Chris.

bruceandrews

Anyone got any ideas - please??

I've just installed Vista SP1 (silly, I know!) and when the hard drive eventually stops grinding away, i can't get to my Business Hub 2700.

I've tried updating the network card drivers - no go.

I've tried the BT drivers upgrade for the 2700 - no go.

I've completely unistalled the 2700, and updated the drivers, and tried to reinstall - still no go.

All of the above have included much shut down and restart, both using the Windows restart, and a full shut down to power off, and switch on again.

I'm waiting for the BT helpdesk to get back to me, but thought i'd see if anyone else is in the same boat - or got any ideas?

(Must say, until now, Vista has been the most stable Windows I've used - but that could be down to decent dual processors!?)