cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEP to WPA BT Fusion Business Hub

npateman

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to my BT Fusion Business Hub but my Macbook Air does not like WEP. I would like to change the security to WPA so that I can connect, or if that is not possible - then a solution for connecting my MBA to BT Fusion Business Hub!

Any support would be hugely appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

JohnE
Guru

Here's a Help & Support article which should help, npateman:

How do I set up WPA or WPA2 encryption on my wireless network?

If that doesn't help or you want some assistance with it, then Contact Us

npateman

Thanks, but I had already checked and none of this works:

Navigate to the Hub's control panel. Open your web browser, enter http://home in the address bar and press the ENTER key.

If you do not see your Hub's control panel, enter 192.168.1.254 and press the ENTER key.

I have also gone to cmd and run the command ipconfig. I have them tried to connect to that gateway i.p but it is asking for a username and password that I do not have... What will the user and password be? It's not admin admin and it's not anything to do with the serial number (as one dated PDF told me)... 

Please help.

MHC
Guru

If the IP is not 192.168.1.254 then surely you must have changed it at some point in the past and that would have needed the UID and pwd ...

npateman

Unfortunatly I haven't. Someone else may have, but I'm not going to be able to find that out. Will a reset on the router reset the i.p as well as reset the username/password to some kind of default value?

MHC
Guru

A full factory reset should take it back to te defaults - exactly which model do you have?

npateman

What are the defaults?

The make is 2wire, model number is something long and obscure.

Is a complete factory reset simply done by holding the reset button for 3 seconds?

Thanks for your help.

MHC
Guru

Cannot remember how to reset - I have only ever done it once acoross numerous 2700s and several years.   It miight be a case of a 3 second wait , or power up and press it when the first LED goes green.

The password will be te serial number of the hub and 12 digits long.    Try trhat as a lst resort before a reset.

TimDurham75
Power User

Although "offsite" this is useful - there are a couple of mechanisms available to get access to the hub - the "forgotten password route" will reset the admin password allowing access to the configuration using default WEP key.  This then allows other reset options under the Settings>Diagnostics>Resets menu of 6.x firmware.  Depressing the physical reset button for 15 seconds or so will reset to factory state after the reboot.

http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/115.htm

As per this thread: http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/BT-Business-Hub-Firmware-Flash-policy-and-le...

- the current latest firmware removes the Fusion SSID capability of the device.