cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - sending attatchments and deleting email

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Guys

I just had a tip off from one of the guys in my team that some people are having difficulty

1. Sending attachments
  2. Deleting from the web mail

In both cases it seems like anti-virus software is causing the issue, if you have anti-virus software with Identity protection included it is worth while trying this with Identity protection turned off.  If you are still having the above issues after this I would strongly advise you to contact us.

Below is a quick and easy walkthrough on how to disable identity protection

Let’s take AVG as an example

1) Temporarily disable AVG protection (right click on the AVG icon in the system tray and select the option, doesn't matter what time limit you give it, this doesn't take 2 minutes altogether). Wait for a minute while it disables all the components, you can monitor it in the Task Manager.

2) Go to the services management (right click on the My Computer Icon, select manage, when the Computer Management starts, choose Services and Applications, then Services)

3) Change the AVGIDSAgent's startup type to "Disabled" (double click on it)

4) Enable AVG protection (again, right click on the AVG icon in system tray and choose the option)

This is the surest way to get that sorted.

If you are not sure how to do this on your own anti-virus software you can choose to disable the program in its entirety for a few minutes and try the webmail then.

I hope this helps

*EDIT*

you may also hae to delete your browsing history then close down all internet widows then reopen the browser before this takes effect

0 REPLIES 0