cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website not displaying correctly

Bestieboy

Hi

My website no longers displays the whole page and looks a mess. Can anyone please explain what has gone wrong. It looks ok in editor but when I publish it does this..... 

www.preservedrailwaystocklist.org.uk

Cheers

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bestieboy

Hi

I did try to republish with no luck and the number you provided there was no answer.

However I've now sorted this is out. I decided to tinker with a new website and was going to copy/paste my HTML code from one site to the other. When I looked in the CSS source there was a small difference. My original site had a /* whereas the new site had a */ in the same spot. I thought I'd give it a go and change this round and it worked! So the problem is sorted although it doesn't explain how it happened in the first place?

Steve

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BLWRAVE
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hello

The reason you can not see the text on your page is because the text color is white and blends into the white back ground, if you click and drag you will see your content. i would adv put in a larger backgroud or change text color.

Bestieboy

Hi

This isn't a problem when I'm in editor. The grey background covers the whole page. It's when I publish it goes wrong. It's been fine until now! I'm just not clever enough with websites to know why?

Steve 

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

There may have recently been an upgrade, try to republish the site again but if that doesn't work contact support and request an attempt to recover an earlier published version.

Bestieboy

Hi

Do you know the number to contact BT about this. I can't find one.

Cheers

Steve

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

It looks like the republishing trick did not work, the number to reach them should be on the main webpage under contact us on the bottom. 

Bestieboy

Hi

I did try to republish with no luck and the number you provided there was no answer.

However I've now sorted this is out. I decided to tinker with a new website and was going to copy/paste my HTML code from one site to the other. When I looked in the CSS source there was a small difference. My original site had a /* whereas the new site had a */ in the same spot. I thought I'd give it a go and change this round and it worked! So the problem is sorted although it doesn't explain how it happened in the first place?

Steve