cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What programming language or DB limitations are there with BT hosting?

Alistair
Can someone tell me please what prgramming languages BT supports i.e. PHP or ASP.NET and what databases are supported of MySQL for PHP or MSSQL for ASP.NET . I have the £5 per month package.
I must say I am finding dealing with BT very hard work. I cannot find this information on the site. Or am I being obtuse?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dave
Guru

On the £5 package, it will support HTML and PHP, and that is about it. No database support provided.

On the £15 package it will support PHP, ASP, ASP.net, Coldfusion, Coldfusion MX and for databases MySQL and Access.

Frontpage extensions are also on both packages.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dave
Guru

On the £5 package, it will support HTML and PHP, and that is about it. No database support provided.

On the £15 package it will support PHP, ASP, ASP.net, Coldfusion, Coldfusion MX and for databases MySQL and Access.

Frontpage extensions are also on both packages.

Alistair

Many thanks for your prompt and informative reply Dave.

I have say though BT really need to make this type of thing much clearer before folk purchase their services or at least make the information accessible. Failure to do so is very poor practice.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Alistair

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced problems navigating the new BT Business Website. There is information on the comparison between the two packages within the Product description, i hope this gives you more details on what each package contains.

You can also give feedback on the website, all feedback is important without it we couldn't improve the service.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Alistair

Thanks for the response Fiona.

I had seen that page but I as far as I can see there is no information there regarding programming language restrictions.

I know BT expects me just to capitulate and upgrade but I get so annoyed at this sort of entrapment marketing that I think I need to transfer to another service provider.

regards

Alistair

Alistair

I should add that if Dave can so readily summarise the programming language limitations on each option as he has done in one or two lines above, perhaps BT could add this information to the product description page.