cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wirless signal reduced?

AHDesign

Hi there,

I'm a relatively new BT Broadband customer, just over a month now.

The service has been fine, but in the last week or so I've had problems connecting to the Wireless network from the floor above, almost as if my wireless signal has been reduced. I seem to have to reconnect everytime I try and use the network, when before I didn't have a problem at all.

I also use an Airport Express to connect which now doesn't want to connect at all.

Can't see what has changed other than the router firmware being upgraded a little while ago. I was a little dismayed to find that BT Openzone had been enabled when I'd left it as the default 'disabled' in the first place.

I've mainly left the router on auto channel select, which always seems to default to channel 11, even though there are many other devices using that channel in the local area.I have tried it on different channels that seem less used, but this doesn't sem to have made any difference.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. As I said, it's almost as if my signal has been reduced, but I can't see why that would have happened.

Thanks,

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2

zzZZzz
Power User

fwiw, if a factory reset and changing the wifi channel doesn't resolve the signal strength problem, perhaps you should contact BT and request a replacement hub as it is possible your one month old hub has just simply developed a hardware fault?

Firmware upgrades don't usually change the hub's stored settings, such as enabling Openzone, unless something has gone wrong with the upgrade.

Jessica

Hi,

I think it is a server connection problem.

If your neighbours also have the internet and they are accessing it then it leads to a error in connection or congestion. Consult it with the providers, they will resolve it.