cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact/application page does not work for about 20% of the time.

tomxmas

I built a web site using easysitewizard pro about 6 weeks ago. Ever since then, the contact or application page I made, only submits successfully for about 80% of the time. For 20% it gives an Internal Server Error message. BT seem unable to fix it or suggest what is causing it. When the contact page does not submit, the counter on the home page is also not working. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

amor

Hi If you mean the contact us form customers fill in to contact you, then I am having the same problem. I reported this over a month ago, and it seemed to work after reporting it.

You are right it only seems to work when it feels like it, which is not very good.

I have reported this problem again today via the contact us bt page faults and technical errors, so will wait until I hear from them.

tomxmas

Yes it is the customer contact page. It has been working only intermittently for about 2 months. Each time I complain either by phone or the bt help page, the reply is the same in that when BT test it, it is OK. But they only check it a couple of times and seem to check it when it is working.  It has been especially bad today and has not worked since 5pm, which means I am losing business most of the time today.

Just to compare notes when testing the contact page I get the message "Internal Server Error" instead of "thank you" and the contact form is not submitted. Also the counter on my home page does not work when the contact page is out of action, which may be a clue for someone at BT.

It is very frustrating as I am paying BT for 24 hour hosting and am losing unknown business when the contact page is down. BT keep repeating they can't find a problem and seem to be not interested. I will report it again. Tom Walters.

Recent dates and times when I have noticed the contact page out of action.

26/10/13 1845hours
27/10/13 1900
28/10/13 1110
29/10/13 0740
29/10/13 0750
29/10/13 1720-1935 at least

tomxmas

Hi,

I had a reply from BT concerning my complaint about my contact page not working and as usual they tested it when it was working and said it is ok. They also said "Thank you for your email dated 29/10/2013. I understand from your email you are querying your contact form. We have had no reports of any problems with the contact pages".

It is working ok tonight but last night it was down for several hours. I do not know where to go from here.

Tom Walters www.atfinance.co.uk

amor

Exactly the same happened to me. I only knew the customer contact us page was not working because a customer had emailed me directly instead of using the contact form, to tell me that it was not working. As this was the second time I have had this problem, I again contacted BT, and same as you, it was working for BT when they filled the form out. Yes I had the same error "ERROR 500 internal error" so customer types in the message but it will not send.

The best way to contact BT I find is using their Contact Us link (its a bit difficult to find as there are so many links on their website) Just copy and paste this link in your browser and you will get their contact us page. I normally choose that I wanted to be contacted via email first, they reply a lot quicker, then if you still need to contact them just keep replying to their email and ask for a contact number to speak so someone. Sometimes you will be given a pin number to enter when you phone a specific telephone number, this is good as it puts you directly in contact with the technical department without having to be put from department to department. Hope that helps. Do keep pestering them if you are not completley satisfied, HERE IS THE CONTACT US LINK FOR BT HELP

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/cj_cat/3789,3775,2047

amor

Hi again I have just checked my contact us page again, and the same error keeps coming up "500 Internal error"

I have just clicked on your contact form, and you are getting the same error. So obviously not working. I wonder how many other bt websites are having the same problem but they dont realize.

I have contacted BT again via email. I strongly suggest you do the same. I have also told them that there are other people with this problem, as they too told me that no-one had reported this problem to them.

tomxmas

Hi amor, time is 1940 and the contact page has failed again showing a "500 internal server error". I did report it last night but no reply as yet. I think BT just want it and me to go away. Tom Walters. www.atfinance.co.uk

tomxmas

0800 1/11/2013 contact page still not working. Failed last night between 1935 and 2315 when I stopped checking.