cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete file from ftp index

aaranhenry

We have a few pages that we have deleted from our BT hosted site but they still remain in the ftp index and are being searched by search engines, we would like to remove them from the ftp index as they are causing confusion to potential customers. How do we do this?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnE
Guru

You can do this in several ways, aaranhenry.

Firstly, use the File Manager in the BT Website Centre: What is the Website Centre and how do I access it?

Once in the website centre, you can access the File Manager under the Website Management tab.

Also, you can login to the webspace using "conventional" FTP, using a program such as: Filezilla (all versions of Windows) or Windows Explorer (Not with Windows 7)

How do I upload to my BT Business web space?

Please Note:  If you have Front Page extensions installed, you won't be able to delete any files using FTP or File Manager, you would need to un-install them, please see the FrontPage extensions User Guide:

MS Frontpage User Guide

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JohnE
Guru

You can do this in several ways, aaranhenry.

Firstly, use the File Manager in the BT Website Centre: What is the Website Centre and how do I access it?

Once in the website centre, you can access the File Manager under the Website Management tab.

Also, you can login to the webspace using "conventional" FTP, using a program such as: Filezilla (all versions of Windows) or Windows Explorer (Not with Windows 7)

How do I upload to my BT Business web space?

Please Note:  If you have Front Page extensions installed, you won't be able to delete any files using FTP or File Manager, you would need to un-install them, please see the FrontPage extensions User Guide:

MS Frontpage User Guide