cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eShop & Google Verification

Emma_M

Hi,

I have an eShop, which allegedly has been linked to google via eShop. I think an error has occured somewhere along the lines as my shop is not listing on UK Google. I have gone into my google account, however I am unable to verify my google account, in order to check the settings.

Verification requires meta-tags or html additions to eShop. From what I can understand I am unable to do this. Has anyone managed to secure a work around and been able to verify their google webmaster account?

I am pretty desperate - google won't respond to questions from unverified sites.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Morrie
Hi Emma

You have raised an excellent point your site is indexed in the general Google search but not when you search specifically for UK sites. One reason for this could be down to your domain name you have a .com domain name now each country has its own specific domain name the UK is .co.uk and this would specifically tell Google that you are a UK company.

Now if your site was using the .co.uk as the main domain name for the site then I think it would have already indexed in the UK listing now I noticed that you have also have this domain name:

http://www.barbaraandtom.co.uk

And it currently points to your .com what I would do is submit your .co.uk domain name to Google and you can do this at the following address:

http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/?continue=/addurl

I would also resubmit the .com here although your site is currently being indexed I think it would be worthwhile resubmitting it to the UK version of Google, as I am not sure where the submission request from the eShop admin goes.

I don't think it's a huge problem as your site is being indexed and I am sure you will start to show up in the UK listings but I think it might just take a bit of time.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Morrie
Hi Emma

Currently you are unable to use Google Webmaster Tools with the eShop software as you need to add the verification code to the Meta Data. But this is supposed to be coming in a future release of the shop software.

If you have submitted your site to Google through the tool in the website admin then your site will start to get listed but this can take a bit of time. Usually from a submission to Google you are looking at about a month before you will see your home page listed then it could be as much as 6 months for a site to be completely indexed. But eShops tend to index much quicker than this.

To find out if your site has been indexed then just type this into the Google Search box:

site:www.yourdomainname.com

And replace (www.yourdomainname.com) with your actual domain name, this tells you exactly what pages have been indexed by Google.

What is your Domain Name?

Emma_M

Hi Morrie

Thanks for the information, I am aware something is on its way, although not sure how long it will be. My site is:

www.barbaraandtom.com

The listings show in google web, but are not listed in google uk! 

Not good I think.

Morrie
Hi Emma

You have raised an excellent point your site is indexed in the general Google search but not when you search specifically for UK sites. One reason for this could be down to your domain name you have a .com domain name now each country has its own specific domain name the UK is .co.uk and this would specifically tell Google that you are a UK company.

Now if your site was using the .co.uk as the main domain name for the site then I think it would have already indexed in the UK listing now I noticed that you have also have this domain name:

http://www.barbaraandtom.co.uk

And it currently points to your .com what I would do is submit your .co.uk domain name to Google and you can do this at the following address:

http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/?continue=/addurl

I would also resubmit the .com here although your site is currently being indexed I think it would be worthwhile resubmitting it to the UK version of Google, as I am not sure where the submission request from the eShop admin goes.

I don't think it's a huge problem as your site is being indexed and I am sure you will start to show up in the UK listings but I think it might just take a bit of time.

I hope this helps.

Triciatext

This is the first piece of good advice that I have come across. I have had my ecommence site built by BT but it is still not being found in a google search after being submitted well over 6 weeks ago. I have been told by BT that they dont understand what the problem is and that the URL has been resubmitted - but I want to know what the problem is and not have to wait another 6 weeks to discover that my site is still not being found!

I too have a .com and a .co.uk address which is being pointed to the .com so I guess my problem maybe of a similar nature to Emmas. BT website design and build team should show much more concern about this issue as this problem means that in effect I cannot trade as my customers cant find me in a google search.

My frustrations are compounded because I came away from another service provider due to problems with poor realiablity with website hosting, and design and administration problems with my previous website, I chose BT because I thought they were more professional and reliable - BT please treat this problem seriously!!!! and find a solution for me!

Tricia 

Morrie

Hi Tricia

What is your website address?

Triciatext

Hi Morrie

www.stitchmagicstudio.com and www.stitchmagicstudio.co.uk

orchie
Grand Master

Hi Tricia,

Do you have a Google Webmaster Tools account? Google still has your old site indexed which may be due to an incorrect sitemap file in webmaster tools (Google 'site:stitchmagicstudio.com'). If you don't have an account create one here http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and submit a new sitemap.