cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eShop

Wendyb

Hi

I have been selling very successfully on Ebay for 5 years. Due to their high fees I decided to go it alone and have opened an eShop. I have spent weeks stocking it, emailed all my customers to tell them, have kept prices the same as on Ebay but I am struggling to get sales. I don`t know what to do. I really need to have an income. Any ideas.

Wendyb

2 REPLIES 2

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

It may be worth having a look at our blog on how to get your page listed in the search engines. There are also other posts within the webhost board that may help.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Message Edited by Fiona on 30-07-2009 05:48 PM

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Noahs_Ark_Gifts
Power User

Hi Wendy

I am the same, the charges and restrictions on eBay have been getting on my nerves. 

I have a successful ebay business selling soft toys and have now opened up an e pages shop through BT www.noahsarkgifts.co.uk

I have signed up with my local business link and they have sent a advisor over to me to go through my business plan and I have also signed up to their e business club which provides free courses in e commerce.  I went on their Sucessful SEO and have booked to go on a breakfast course in link building.  I am sorry to say that the key to success in SEO is a long and steady slog.

Have a look at the Google guide to SEO which will give you plenty of pointers.  

I have also opened up a bt tradespace , facebook page, brownbook.net, scoot, google maps etc.  

The other thing you can try is to put a voucher code for your website on the packing slip for items sent through that were bought on your ebay site.  You cannot promote your external site directly from ebay but once the transaction has gone ahead then that is your customer.

Finally, try a pay per click campaign, not sure if still valid but you could get a  £30 credit for google adword through joining www.homebusinessnetwork.co.uk

I know you posted in July but hopefully you are still hanging in there.