cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed with a sonicwall on bt

Metallix25

hi,

we are using a BT business hub in bridge mode connected to the sonicwall.

the sonicwall is authenticating the connection correctly (bt have confirmed that) but the computers that are connected to the firewall are unable to access web pages.

we have IP phones which are connecting without issue, and a number of the computers have skype which is also connecting so I know there is some connectivity.

any ideas how to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Metallix25

no i tried that already, thanks for replying though.

I found the problem. it was a DNS error

Sonicwall is the DHCP server on the network (its a small network) and when it was setup some time ago it was given static ip information which is now out of date.

when i tried to get the sonicwall working again i cleared the static information and set it to dynamic but the lan settings was assigning the wrong DNS data to the computers connected to it.

had to access the sonicwall >network > Interfaces

then configure the LAN to inherit the DNS settings from sonicwall not the custom static the last IT-guy set it as.

things have been runing fine (well as fine as bt gets) since then

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

klauzser
Power User

Have you tried connecting the BT directly to the Internet and see if it works without the sonicwall? This sometimes be the problem preventing BT to connect.

Metallix25

no i tried that already, thanks for replying though.

I found the problem. it was a DNS error

Sonicwall is the DHCP server on the network (its a small network) and when it was setup some time ago it was given static ip information which is now out of date.

when i tried to get the sonicwall working again i cleared the static information and set it to dynamic but the lan settings was assigning the wrong DNS data to the computers connected to it.

had to access the sonicwall >network > Interfaces

then configure the LAN to inherit the DNS settings from sonicwall not the custom static the last IT-guy set it as.

things have been runing fine (well as fine as bt gets) since then