cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook 2013 and business lite

wilki1000

Hi, I have just migrated to windows 8 and office 2013. Is it possible to configure outlook 2013 with a business lite account.

I have used pop.outlook.com as ingoing and smtp.outlook.com as outgoing.....but it doesnt seem to like it. Any help appreciated

1 REPLY 1

foxtrot

+1  for some help on this one please

Windows 8, Outlook 2013 and BT Business Email Lite (powered by Office 365)

Autodiscover doesn't work. Unable to connect on an encrypted connection, unable to connect unencrypted.

Have tried manual setup, using Exchange and POP3 with various settings from various BT and Microsoft articles.

I've checked the CNAME settings for Autodiscover in the domain setup. All OK.

I've run the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer which is right at the limit of my ability and has delivered some results I don't really know how to use. Posted an extract below. 

Grateful for any help or suggestions.  Given this is all MS stuff it ought to be simple 😞

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL ......

Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.xxxxxxxx in DNS.

The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: 157.56.234.137, 157.56.236.89, 157.56.240.137, 157.56.244.217

Testing TCP port 443 on host autodiscover.xxxxxxxxxx to ensure it's listening and open.

The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.

Additional Details

A network error occurred while communicating with the remote host.