cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed test

barr

Hi,

Are these results from the speed test worth calling support about?

Download speed achieved during the test was - 106 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :864 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Only started having problems today and I don't know what the numbers were before, but do these speeds look particularly pathetic?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnE
Guru

Barr, vthiji10, if you are having difficulty with your broadband speed, I'd strongly recommend contacting the helpdesk.  they should be able to assist you and escalate the issue if required.  They can be contacted on: 0845 600 7020 Option 2.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

a-hill
Grand Master

The speed itself is quite poor, but it does reflect your IP Profile... we would need to know if that has changed at all, and the only way to do that is to call the helpdesk so they can run checks on your line and check the logs. If you've been experiencing drops in connection, the line having to resync a lot over a short period of time... this can cause the system to reduce your IP profile to a slower rate as it thinks your line can't handle the speed. Of course all the usual factors come in to play, distance from the exchange etc. It wouldn't hurt to give the helpdesk a call and have some checks done to see why it's so slow, even if its just to confirm that's about as fast you can get because of the circumstances. Call 0845 600 7020 opt 2

vthiji10

Hi,my my download speed:1.08kbps
my upload speed:0.86kbps
i check my speed test from here
http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/

JohnE
Guru

Barr, vthiji10, if you are having difficulty with your broadband speed, I'd strongly recommend contacting the helpdesk.  they should be able to assist you and escalate the issue if required.  They can be contacted on: 0845 600 7020 Option 2.

rightanglecse78

i don't think your site give a right info about Speed. Let try few same type of sites are  www.speedtest.net/  or  http://www.ipfingerprints.com/ping.php etc.  You definately get different result. Thanks.