cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to transfere our voip lines from another telephone company to bt

belinda1

We are a small garage who is trying to transfere our telephone lines from uniworld communications to BT.  This has been on going since beginning of december.  So far bt have managed to transfere our 2 analogue lines these being an mot line and our fax / pdq machine, and our internet.  The problem seems to be our main telephone lines which are voip lines, i've been told bt cannot transfere voip lines across from another company.  I have also been told that bt have tried 3 times unsuccessfully to transfere our voip lines across but these lines have been put on stop.  Could this be because since our broadband went across to bt on the 23rd of december our telephones have not worked because the router needed to be reconfigured to our new ip address which has not happened. so since the 23rd of dec. i have just had all calls diverted to my mobile  which has acted as our life line.  If a bt engineer came out to reconfigure our router and i had the divert taken off my mobile through uniworld communications would this make the line live again ? And would BT then be able to retrieve our voip lines from Uniworld Communications?

I really look forward to your reply as i feel this has been going on to long.  A bt engineer should have come to us on the 18th of january and when i rang on the 19th of january to find out why he hadn't turned up i was told our order had been cancelled and was enlightened with all the information above

Please Help

Belinda

1 REPLY 1

SeanC
Master User

Hi Belinda

Bt will not be able to port these numbers even if you get them working on the bt router.

bt will not help you to configure a 3rd party voip to their system.

with you current provider how was you voip setup, was it an ip phone or a configuration to the router, also have you tried your bt broadband details in your old router if that works and your voip is still configured this should work.