cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website design faults

mapwoman

Hi, everybody. I am writing this wondering whether some of you have experienced the same problems:

I had my website designed by BT. It great, fabulous and I am very pleased with it. HOWEVER: Each time BT does some updates or so-called 'improvements' something goes wrong. The latest thing is  that 2 social media icons have magicically moved and despite all my efforts, I can re-arrange them. So, I contacted somebody in Webdesign about 2 weeks ago...and nothing has happened, obviously! A few days ago, I fied an official complaint with BT and at least, received an email with a plausible explaination and the suggestion to call the design team and discuss this with them...which I did but, of course, nobody picked up the phone

I am getting rather angry about having to waste my time and sort out problems that BT creates. I am reaching the end of my tether and wished I had never started with BT.

Has anybody made similar experiences as I am always made to believe I am the only where these problems occur.

Many thanks for all your inputs!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sogo7
Grand Master

Without knowing the name of your site I cannot really comment on what went wrong. However because  BT often build sites using the 'EasySiteWizard' hiccups can occur with the layout for a number or reasons.

The most common and the bain of professional web designers the world over is 'Cross Browser Compatability' , it's like asking ten people to draw a picture of a cat. Their pictures kinda look the same but none are identical and this is where the skill of a web designer is put to the test.

If you go to http://browsershots.org/ you can see how your site looks to other people.

It's a free service and takes about twenty minutes to provide screenshots of how your site looks in over 40 different types of web browser. The only ones you really need to worry about though are Internet Explorer, Firefox,Chrome & Safari as these are the most common.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sogo7
Grand Master

Without knowing the name of your site I cannot really comment on what went wrong. However because  BT often build sites using the 'EasySiteWizard' hiccups can occur with the layout for a number or reasons.

The most common and the bain of professional web designers the world over is 'Cross Browser Compatability' , it's like asking ten people to draw a picture of a cat. Their pictures kinda look the same but none are identical and this is where the skill of a web designer is put to the test.

If you go to http://browsershots.org/ you can see how your site looks to other people.

It's a free service and takes about twenty minutes to provide screenshots of how your site looks in over 40 different types of web browser. The only ones you really need to worry about though are Internet Explorer, Firefox,Chrome & Safari as these are the most common.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner