cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website templetes for motor trade

padders

I have just got bt package for my car sales business and got basic package for website with templetes , I was told when I spoke to the advisor that I wanted a motor based website so to add multi pictures and info under one button as per most motor based websites she said no problem there are loads of them on there you will not have a problem.I did explain that I had been quoted a fixed price hosting and website construction for what I required but she convinced me that it could be done via the basic package.

Any way I have been playing with all options for a day and half now and I cannot see any way it can be done on this package and to top it all off all the templetes are in a foriegn language ??? so I called the free helpline where the helpful guy on the end of the phone said we get this all the time and a motor dealer website cant be done from the basic pack so I am now brassed off because he told me a price which was double to the original quote from the people who do motor dealers sites.

Can some one please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

agowans

To upload a fullsize image go to Website Center -> Web Site Mnagement -> File manager.  Upload any fullsize images required to the public folder (eg image-name.jpg)

Then go into ESWP, upload thumbnail images (try and keep these to a small size) and put these on your page through add an image link at the top of the page.

If you then double click on the image icons will appear just under it in the bottom right corner, if you click on the i (Image Properties) icon, it will allow you to hyperlink it to another file.  The address would be http://your-domain.co.uk/image-name.jpg for the example above.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dave
Guru

In the EasySiteWizard Pro there are about 30 odd templates related to cars if you select the category 'Auto'.

Not sure what you mean by "add multi pictures and info under one button".. could you elaborate on this?

PS, the "foreign languge" that you see is demo text. It is meant for you to edit and replace with your own text. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loren_ipsum

Message Edited by dave on 19-08-2009 08:29 PM

padders
To list a page via button say stock list then list the vehicles with multi images on this page and be able to select images.Some of the demo or templete sites have car stock on front page(home) but there is no mention on how they are there and what the buttons do attached to them as I thought these may link back to the possible stock list page but not sure that this is possible in this format .

agowans

Hi padders,

Not too sure what you mean here.  If you wanted to list a series of vehicles say, you could create a page linked to the a menu button titled Stock List.  You could then provide information about all of the vehicles with thumbnails which you could then hyperlink to full size images.  Any image or text on your website can be linked to another page if you so desired.

If this is not what you meant please clarify.

padders

That is basically what I want to do but how do I hyperlink the images

cheers

agowans

To upload a fullsize image go to Website Center -> Web Site Mnagement -> File manager.  Upload any fullsize images required to the public folder (eg image-name.jpg)

Then go into ESWP, upload thumbnail images (try and keep these to a small size) and put these on your page through add an image link at the top of the page.

If you then double click on the image icons will appear just under it in the bottom right corner, if you click on the i (Image Properties) icon, it will allow you to hyperlink it to another file.  The address would be http://your-domain.co.uk/image-name.jpg for the example above.

padders
thankyou for the help I will give it a go