cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV

HPS

Can anyone PLEASE give me an Idiots guide to setting up my DVR through our office BT2700HGV so we can access it remotely over the net (from Home)

I followed the destructions that came with the unit and although I can access it from the office, I cant connect from Home

I have tried to set up dns, IP address and the rest, but now I'm totally lost and in a right mess Smiley Embarassed

I haven't got a scoobydoooo

If you could help me stop banging my head on the desk I would be eternally grateful and willing to have your kid, even though I'm male over 6' , 50yrs and 20 stone+Smiley Wink

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anthonyriley99

Hi,
  First of all you will need to assign a static ip address to your office broadband connection.  You can do this online via MyOffice (BT Business Home Page)

How can I change to a static IP address or get more IP addresses online?

Once you have completed the order online, power cycle the router so that it picks up the new Static IP address, check this is showing correctly by visiting www.whatismyip.com which will tell you your current IP address.

You will then need to configure the firewall and open ports within the router settings menu which will allow you to connect to the CCTV Remotely. 

You will need to know which port numbers your CCTV uses as these port numbers will need to be updated into the router settings.

How do I set up port forwarding on the BT Business Hub?

If your struggling with any of this then call Business Support and they will do this for you over the phone.

Thanks

Anthony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

anthonyriley99

Hi,
  First of all you will need to assign a static ip address to your office broadband connection.  You can do this online via MyOffice (BT Business Home Page)

How can I change to a static IP address or get more IP addresses online?

Once you have completed the order online, power cycle the router so that it picks up the new Static IP address, check this is showing correctly by visiting www.whatismyip.com which will tell you your current IP address.

You will then need to configure the firewall and open ports within the router settings menu which will allow you to connect to the CCTV Remotely. 

You will need to know which port numbers your CCTV uses as these port numbers will need to be updated into the router settings.

How do I set up port forwarding on the BT Business Hub?

If your struggling with any of this then call Business Support and they will do this for you over the phone.

Thanks

Anthony

HPS

Thanks Anthony

the number for the Business support would of been useful, as this was a pain to find

But their excellent advice helped, THANKYOU very much

The took control of my computer and did all the settings for me.

I could of probably done it myself if I had known a couple of things

1. the port to and from will be the same number

ie port 80 would be From 80 To 80

and so on...

2.Re boot the DVR when finished

couldnt get it to work until we did this!

So now its up and running

except for 1 thing, the statice ip will change, and now i need to look at a dns service, My next challenge!!!!