cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to ADSL2+ (21CN) up to 20mb but confused!

tonytiger99

My service was migrated on the 12/10 went well but i was still connected at the ADSLmax sync speed (8124).After reading a few forums posts it turned out i might need to renew my contract.So i placed a order on the website to renew my contract on the 13/10.After a week of waiting and sending a email to ask for a update ,i finally got a update saying the order was completed on the 12/10!!So can mods help me get the cap lifited? The speed check states i should be able to get about 14mb and checking my router stats may confirm this:

ADSL Line TypeADSL2+
ADSL Line CodingADSL Line CodingFAST
Line Attenuation(Down):30  (Up):12
Noise Margin(Down):14  (Up):27
Total Output Power(Down):22  (Up):9
Current StateDownStr: 8124(K)  UpStr: 439(K)
undefinedUP
FEC(FAST)(Near):0  (Far):0
FEC(INTERL)(Near):0  (Far):0
CRC(FAST)(Near):0  (Far):4400
undefined(Near):0  (Far):0
HEC(FAST)(Near):0  (Far):0
HEC(FAST)(Near):0  (Far):0
Showtime last(sec)1287772805
4 REPLIES 4

tonytiger99

Well i have been told i need to resign a 24mth contract and i cannot get speeds greater than 6mb.I have decided to leave things as they are and look at my options,Maybe look at other isp's.My current speed 8124 (down) 439 (up) with aip throughput profile of 7Mbit.

reab
Power User

I fell into this little trap and renewed my contract based on the line speed checker on BT's web site which indicated I should get up to 13mbps. It has now been corrected although all the other providers are showing my line speed as much the same so I've little to gain from going elsewhere!

I'm left wondering why the speed tails off so quickly as I'm around half mile from the exchange. I'm thinking of moving house and I'm even checking how far from an enabled exchange the prospective place is - how sad is that !

Roger B

~
Favourite phrases:
Like your words, one day you may have to eat them!

The 50-50-90 rule - anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% probability you'll get it wrong!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

tonytiger99

I have not renewed by contract yet (well i think i haven't ).Its funny the email i got saying my line will be upgraded and i will be able to have upto 20mb ,i know i will not be able to reach 20mb but when i checked my line stats it confirmed a possible 13-14mb ,lines vary i know.Anyhow i have not bothered with any more emails and waiting on the phone as i am getting different answers ,i have tried 3 times to get thru to the business broadband support and speak to a techy to check my line stats ,waiting 40min each time.I have been  thinking about shopping around anyway ,its a pity fibre is not enabled yet (dec 2011) as i might look at that.At least i have a stable line and a 7mb bras profile maybe i should be grateful?

changy

I was nearly caught by this.

I called to complain about the real lack of speed and was told it could be investigated. I then heard nothing so I called again and was told I needed to sign a new contract for 24 months before I could get the new faster speeds. I told them I needed to think about it.

I was close to signing but just wanted to check on SDSL as an option. Thankfully I spoke to a 3rd party who assured me I would not get any faster speeds unless I went down the SDSL route or Cable. I called BT back and after questioning the operative he admitted I would not get any faster speeds but I would save £4 per month. Saving £4 per month wasn't the idea, getting faster speeds to help my business was!!

Thankfully my contract expires January 2011 and surprise surprise I will NOT be renewing. I am actually thinking of changing all of my business and domestic lines to Virgin because BT don't listen any more!