cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing residential phone line supplier effects BT Business FTTC?

Ixel
Power User

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether switching provider from BT Home (Retail?) to someone else for the phone line and voice component of the service effects the BT Business FTTC service I currently have, or whether I can still remain with BT Business FTTC after the switch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi Ixel,

They are still used but they aren't very Busy,

answer to your original question,

No if you move your voice service away this will automatically cancel the BroadbandFTTC connection,

Thanks

Plumly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ixel
Power User

Does anyone actually use this forum still? This seems like a rather inactive forum where spam (those Kitchen threads) seems to be practically unmoderated.

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi Ixel,

They are still used but they aren't very Busy,

answer to your original question,

No if you move your voice service away this will automatically cancel the BroadbandFTTC connection,

Thanks

Plumly

Ixel
Power User

Many thanks. I'll wait till the end of contract next year before I decide whether to move to a cheaper option.

MHC
Guru

@Ixel wrote:

Does anyone actually use this forum still? This seems like a rather inactive forum where spam (those Kitchen threads) seems to be practically unmoderated.

That spam is removed on a very regular basis - but teh morons who post it and the people in te UK that pay tem to do it just keep on going.

I really p***ed off one woman.    I was working through the night (and getting bored) so called the "Kitchen Number" many times.   Yes, she was taking messages for them but got very irate at nuisance calls!

stb

Hi

I have a similar question but the situation is slightly different so I'm not sure if the answer is the same.

I have a residential home phone line which is in my name with standard (copper) upto 20MB BT Business Broadband provided via my employers account.

Would I also lose the broadband connection if I changed the residential line to another provider in these circumstances?

Thanks

BlueMagic1959

I don't think you will.

I originally had a BT voice line and had BT Business Broadband (both paid for by my company)

At some stage the company decided to switch theresidential line fron BT to another (cheaper) provider.  This was fine and I remained with BT Business for just the Broadband.

All was ok until we had a problem with the line.  Essentially the phone line provider blamed BT Business for the problem whilst BT Business blamed the phone line provider.

Result was that i was stuck in the middle for aboyt 3 months - with a poor (crackle) voice line and a broadband that kept on dropping.

Now resolved - but would not recommend the split.  I suggest you stick with one provider for both.