Power User
generaldisquiet
Accepted Solution

Firmware Updates for BT 2wire 2700HGV - But When?

What is the schedule for rolling out the version 6.x firmaware for the BT 2wire 2700HGV?

I know that some Business Broadband users and some home users who BT have supplied with these routers have received the upgrade - but when is it going to be available to everyone?

Is it being rolled out exchange-by-exchange, or is there some other process being used?

Alternatively, is it possible to download the firmware manually?

The reason I want to do this is that I am at the end of a very long line and the 2wire is the only way I can keep sync - and even then, I have to turn it off for a couple of hours just after midnight to avoid a massive REIN event.  I suspect that if the router is midway through an update when my timer switches it off, I will be left with one very useless router.  The same may also happen if I leave my router foo the timer and I get hit with REIN mid upgrade.  Manually upgrading may be the safest option.

Any help that anyone out there, including the forum moderators, can provide would be much appreciated - and I will cross-post any helpful response on the BT Home Forum - there are other users asking the same question.

Grand Guru
alastair

Re: Firmware Updates for BT 2wire 2700HGV - But When?

random routers get it.

you can do it manually on 192.168.1.254

on the home page of the router there is an "upgrade" button on the right hand side down the page a little bit. you should be able to click that to manually update. it will look like a 2700 coming out of a cardboard box as far as i remember

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=
Power User
generaldisquiet

Alistair,

Sorry, but what you are suggesting simply does not work.  I've been checking this daily since before Christmas.   The router is set to the correct provisioning server, but everytime I try the upgrade button, the router reports there are no updates available.

Grand Guru
alastair

then the safest way to get upgraded is to phone the helpdesk and ask for a replacement router since they come out with V6 firmware now
Power User
generaldisquiet

I am sure that might work, but it seems a waste of a perfectly good router.  It also doesn't help all the other folk who have a similar problem and I can't see BT being happy about doing this for everyone, unless the forum moderators know differently.
Administrator
James

Routers will be upgraded during the next few weeks. There's no need to be concerned about the hub being turned off when it's due to be upgraded, the system will pick it up next time the router is turned on. Also, turning off the hub or losing connection mid-upgrade is not a problem, as it should recover OK.

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.
Thank you.
Grand Guru
alastair

should?

uh oh :smileysad:

i dont like should

Administrator
James

Ok, how about 'will'.:smileyhappy:

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.
Thank you.
Grand Guru
alastair

[ Edited ]

much better

Message Edited by alastair on 24-03-2009 10:34 AM
Power User
generaldisquiet

James/Alastair,  Thanks for the news - I'll pass it back to the Homehub Forum later :smileyhappy:

Lots of people will be happy

I have to confess that I am surprised to hear the 2wire will survive switching off during a firmware upgrade, that's mighty impressive if true.  Just about every other router I've had (all three versions of Homehub, Netgear, etc) can be guaranteed to die if this happens whilst flashing the firmware.  Let's just say I'm a little sceptical!