cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace router?

ljrossiter

I've been with BT business broadband for some years. Two years ago we go a new BT Business Hub when we renewed our contract.

In the last 6 months the service has been awful - the internet light often shows red, and download speed is almost non-existant.

At least twice a week I have to trun it off altogether.

I never did this last year.

I've rung the fault line more than once, but no fault is found.

Is it worth replacing the router? I dont' mind paying for a new one if it might solves our problems.

We've got a static IP, incase this is important.

Many thanks for your advice, Linda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MHC
Guru

After two years you will be out of contract - so call and "renew" if you wish and insist on a new router.

or call them when there is a problem and go through diagnostics - but don't reboot/power off teh router.   Fro te phone you can acccess the diagnostic pages and see what is happening and relay that to a BT Tech.

I have just had a fairly new router fail on me!   But see my other thread about customer service / help desk.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MHC
Guru

After two years you will be out of contract - so call and "renew" if you wish and insist on a new router.

or call them when there is a problem and go through diagnostics - but don't reboot/power off teh router.   Fro te phone you can acccess the diagnostic pages and see what is happening and relay that to a BT Tech.

I have just had a fairly new router fail on me!   But see my other thread about customer service / help desk.

ljrossiter
Thanks for the reply. I saw on my bill that I was to be automatically renewed. After a chat with BT on livechat, I've > got a new router on the way > got the same package as this year, for £7 a month less. Well worth the effort.... thanks for your advice!