cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow/unusable internet and poor customer helpline service

sam0101

Hello I am basically writing this post for advice on my internet speed which is by far the slowest internet connection I have ever seen. After being promised a speed of internet that i was happy with then recieving not even Half of the promised speed and still paying the same price that other homes 100metres up the road pay, and have 10x the speed of internet that I have been recieving I have put hours of my time into trying to resolve this issue but too no success I have attempted too use BT's phone helpline but after spending 40 minutes on the phone too an indian call centre and being promised my issue would be resolved nothing changed upon recalling the same number i was given a different person (this person was also extremely rude) who again promised me they would fix my problem and did nothing I am pouring money into a service that I can barely use at the best of times and I will have too consider leaving BT if my issues cannot be resolved soon.

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi sam0101,

I am sorry to read that you are having a problem with the speed of your broadband connection.  Is it a Business Broadband acocunt you have or a Home Broadband account you have?

If you click on my username you will be able to send me a private message, and send me the phone number of the line in question, and I can check for you.

Regards

Markp

alstonalvin

If you're getting slow speeds always there are three broad possibilities: there's a major fault in your area, something has changed in your premises, which is causing your broadband to run more slowly than it should do, or there's a fault with your connection somewhere.You can try direct 0844 381 0010 BT customer service contact number. You can directly connect to concern department. the charges  cost will be 5p per minute. You can call seven  days a week . by using this number I hope you get a proper solution of your problem. I already use this number many times. Here Customer executive talking with me always very nicely. Your internet connection is slow there are many major issue  you can follows:

Is there a major fault in your area? 

Try the speedtester 

Tips for getting the best speed from your broadband :-

Move the router away from sources of electrical interference 

There are quite a few things that can affect your router's performance if you position it too close. So make sure it's at least five feet away from TVs, monitors, dimmer switches, PC speakers, halogen desk lamps, and so on. 

Move the router away from sources of radio interference 

Wireless works best when there's clear space between the router and the computer. That means no thick walls, ceilings, radiators, and anything else that could get in the way of the signal. 

• Clean up your computer

No, put the screen wipe away. Not that kind of clean up. If your computer is clogged up with files, it can affect the speed of the computer and the speed you can browse the internet, so just go to your System Tools and run Disc Clean Up and Disk Fragmenter.