cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two weeks and still no solution

hackin8

I have a business phone line and unlimited fibre BB with static IP.
For some reason I was getting two bills, under different account numbers.  After talking to a "migration team" they said they would migrate my phone line (which was incorrectly listed as residential) to the broadband account - taking a day or so, with no disconnection and no other changes - this was on 3rd July.
Two days later I lost Internet - phoned up to be told someone had made a mistake and a new order would have to be made, but couldn't until the old one had been closed - another two days
A further three days later internet connected - but dynamic not static.  I phoned and was told someone made a mistake so the line would have to be cancelled and a new order started - again another two days.
Three days later I  called again - to be told that the new order would be finished "ASAP" asnd not to worry.  However the details of the new order included a dynamic IP again, but this could not be changed until the order was complete.

I received a call this morning from someone advising that everything was complete and I now had a static IP.  After the call I checked - and still had a dynamic IP.

I therefore called support - they tried to be helpful, but said there was nothing they could do. The order for BB was complete - with a dynamic IP. However there was still an outstanding order on the phone line. Even though (they said) nothing had to be changed - this phone line order will not be closed until 19th.   At that time (apparently) I can call and ask to have the statiuc IP added back to my broadband, but not before.

After 14 days with lost company connectivity - is there any way to make contact with someone that can actually help to resolve the problem? I need the (same) static IP back again as it is used for limited access to many different servers.

Any suggestions / help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi hackin8

Sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues with this. It sounds like there is definitely something up on the orders side of things there. I know you have had quite a lot of contact with the technical helpdesk, and probably the orders department also, but I would recommend getting back to them and asking to raise a complaint about this (if one has not been raised already). That would at least have it so that someone is keeping you up to date on what is going on rather than you chasing this up constantly.

In terms of of getting the same IP back, it could be the case that the old one is gone and a new one would have to be reconfigured, which I know if far from ideal, but that would be something you would need to discuss with the tech desk on 0800 800 154. I will ask around with a few colleagues to see if there is definite way of doing this, but on my end I am not aware of any.

I hope you manage to get this all resolved ASAP, and again I apologise you have had so much trouble with this!

Regards

Ryan

hackin8

Thanks for the response - a complaint has been opened - but it was someone following up from the complaint that called me to tell me it had all been resolved and I now had a static IP, which was incorrect.

The person I spoke to this afternoon does seem to have taken some ownership - I have since had two texts from them - with a promise to follow up tomorrow.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved - but it does seem thet the "system" is making it difficult even for representatives that are trying to help.

We will see.....